Robots, chatbots, and programmed advertisements. Can you believe that the percentage of implementing artificial intelligence in the world of digital marketing keeps increasing annually at such a rapid pace?! Despite this, many marketers find it quite mysterious and a bit worrisome to use AI in their work because of its unusual and surprising good results on the marketing ROI.
Well, you’re very lucky today because we are here to convince you otherwise!
Proceed with reading this blog and find out why using artificial intelligence is the best choice for ensuring a higher marketing rate. You will learn all about AI in marketing. At the end, you can judge whether you still feel threatened by machine learning or not.
What Is Artificial Intelligence in Digital Marketing?
According to Techgrabyte : “Artificial intelligence is the biggest commercial opportunity for companies, industries, and nations over the next few decades,” and that “AI latecomers will find themselves at a serious competitive disadvantage within the next several years.”
AI is considered a fast tool in comprehending and analyzing more data and understanding customer preferences. This is more than a human brain ever could.
It is predicted and estimated that the usage of artificial intelligence in marketing especially within the year 2020 and above. This has proved to be very beneficial in many ways such as:
- Generating millions of new employment opportunities
- Increasing customer satisfaction upon the usage of chatbots to resolve an issue or tell a complaint
- The 24/7 operation of AI for customer service and being ready for support at any time
- Business will encounter at least 10% boost in sales by using AI
Reasons To Implement Artificial Intelligence in Digital Marketing
- It obtains or sustains competitive advantage
- Allows you to move into new businesses
- Other AI friendly organization will join your market
- The requirement of using AI because of the pressure of cost reduction
- The offering of AI services and driven products by suppliers
- The increase of AI-driven offers by customer needs
Artificial Intelligence and The Future
As mentioned before, some marketers avoid using AI in their work because of several reasons. These include having machines replacing human jobs or using powered AI systems to spy and collect information about other campaigns. Nevertheless, little proof shows negative results of AI on digital marketing, and the benefits outweigh the downgrades. Therefore, in the future, artificial intelligence will most likely influence customer feedback and behavior, competitiveness, processes of sales, business models and strategies, marketing trends, and the overall of the industry as a whole.
Pros and Cons of AI in Marketing
1. Rapid Data Analysis
- Human minds are limited, that’s why using AI will help marketers analyze complex and wide ranges of data faster than humans ever could.
- A higher speed in data analysis, however, doesn’t necessarily only mean more efficient results. It means that the faster a company is likely to analyze its data rather than doing so manually, the higher the marketing rates they are likely to achieve. Moreover, the higher they are able to succeed over others in the market.
2. Accuracy In Interpreting Insights:
- As mentioned before, artificial intelligence has the capability of interpreting complex data. It can also analyze in-depth insights on such data.
- AI can help break down such difficult data and help correlate it with other data
- This all helps marketers pinpoint the information they truly need and study it from a wider lens
3. Greater Relevancy and Efficiency:
- Relevancy to the target audience is a must when it comes to marketing, and for it to be successful, it should reach the percentage of a 100. That is why with the help of AI’s thorough data analysis, marketers can achieve this rate much easier and their intended audiences will be more satisfied and engaged.
- To elevate the efficiency of the marketers’ efforts, AI can collect all the insights and results that they need to do so.
1. Lacking of Creativity and Allows For Monotony:
- Something a human being can do that AI services cannot is that they are more creative and imaginative. When customers are talking with AI programmed bots, they might feel unwelcomed. This may be because they are being treated with a monotonous and robotic tone that lacks any form of human empathy or normal interaction. Nevertheless, this is a biased concept and can vary between different customers, so it’s best for marketers to offer two options: whether they prefer to interact with AI bots or human customer service.
- AI cannot deal creatively with data the way a human does. So at some point the data will be presented limitedly and not creatively.
- AI can analyze your data, but it cannot make it more engaging and entertaining for your audience. You as humans should.
2. Allows For Dependency:
- It is true that AI offers many job opportunities. However, in rare cases, most marketers will begin depending and trusting it blindly. This might affect the productivity of the workers themselves.
Artificial intelligence in marketing is not existent to replace a human’s job or to remove an opportunity from their way, it is in fact the other way around. The implementation of AI in marketing is a tool that is meant to aid and ease the job of human beings because their minds are limited.
With the infinite number of AI optimization possibilities, you will find out that your work will be different over time.
“As more and more artificial intelligence is entering into the world, more and more emotional intelligence must enter into leadership.” – Amit Ray, Famous AI Scientist, Author of Compassionate Artificial Intelligence
Visit our website for more interesting topics that you can gain valuable insights from. Contact Brain Space and allow us to help you take advantage of new opportunities that will help grow your business.