It has been a busy year for Google with all the updates and improvements, which means it has been a busier year for digital marketers. It is important for both Google Ads and digital marketers to keep up with new trends and updates. Digital marketers have to wrap their heads around the adjustments in order to get the best results possible, whereas Google Ads has to update its algorithm to ensure that it is providing the most accurate, reliable, and secure pages for its users.
Let’s get into some of the newest updates Google Ads has given us.
1- Updated Features to Keep Up with Demands on The Go.
When you run a business, and campaigns are included, you know how important it is to keep an eye on them 24/7. Whether to stay on top of the customer demands, or to see how your campaigns are performing, Google Ads has made it easier for you to understand what is going on. Now with a mobile app, keeping connected with your campaigns is only a click away.
What can you do with these new features?
- Monitor not only your campaigns, but also get insights about how they are performing. Now, with the newest update, you can get performance insights, real time notifications, explanations and even recommendations for solving issues. Now with the new modifications, you will be able to see what worked positively in your performance. This way, you will be able to know what to replicate and what to ignore!
- Using search trends to understand real time customer demands.
To understand this better, let’s imagine a scenario. You have a clothing business and need to know how and what to do in order to reach more customers. With search trends you can learn what the rising trends are, let’s say hoodies. This way, you will be able to provide your customers exactly what they want without them knowing. On top of that, you can tap into the search trend and get more detailed searches associated with that trend; for example, “Pastel-colored hoodies”.
Google Ads didn’t stop there! You can also create alerts when new searches start trending and are relevant to your business.
2- From “YouTube Video Discovery Ads” To “In-feed Video Ads”
What does YouTube Video discovery ads do? Well, they place your brand alongside your YouTube content or people who seem interested. This is a very smart move since the people viewing your content are already potential customers, which improves the chance of sales.
How does the In-feed video ads work? These ads consist of a thumbnail image from the video you created with some relevant text next to it. Depending where the ad is appearing, the size of the ad changes, however no matter how small, it has a great chance of inviting people to click on the video. After the click, the viewer will be directed to a YouTube watch page or a channel homepage where your video will start playing.
Where do these ads appear in the first place? To start with, these videos are programmed to appear places of discovery; that is, to your target audience. Some of the places you can find these ads are:
- Next to a related YouTube video.
- As a result of a YouTube search.
- Simply, on your YouTube mobile homepage.
What’s great about this feature is that the only time you will be charged is when a viewer clicks on your thumbnail and chooses to watch the video!
It’s your time to bring your videos to life.
3- Take Advantage of the Customer Match
If you value reaching your customers, then you will thank Google Ads for this. Just as the name suggests, customer match helps you reach your customers by using both online and offline data. Whether on the search console, their shopping tab, the videos they watch on YouTube or their Gmail list, customer match helps you target ads to customers who are guaranteed to be interested.
Let’s talk about some of the benefits you can enjoy while using customer match:
- Increasing brand awareness.
- Build deep connections with your customers
- Optimize your campaigns.
- Discover and reach potential customers.
- Increase the conversion rate of your website.
Getting interested and want to know more details about the process? You’re in the right place because we will talk about how exactly customer match works.
– First, you start by creating and uploading a customer list with information, which you got from your own customers.
– Second, you create a campaign that is targeted to those customers.
–Thirdly and finally, whenever they use the search network, YouTube or Gmail, your ads will be right there waiting for the clicks.
As simple as that!
4- Your Products Hand In Hand With Video Campaigns
YouTube has changed our lives ever since 2005 Valentine’s Day; the day it was launched and is continuing to change it for the better. Whether you use YouTube for business or pleasure, there’s no denying that it is extremely beneficial.
YouTube isn’t just a place where people rush to be entertained and connect with their favorite creators, they also come to shop. Which is why Google Ads has come up with a new feature where you can display product feeds links to your awareness and consideration Video campaigns, making your videos shoppable too!
Did you know that 70% YouTube viewers buy a product because of seeing it on YouTube? 70%!
What does this mean? Now, with Google Ads’s newest update, you can display browsable images of your products right below your video ads. This will not only inspire the viewers to make a purchase, but also will increase the conversion rate and drive more clicks.
On average, the advertisers that choose to add product feeds below their video ads campaign achieve 60% more conversions, wait for it, at a lower cost!
To end our blog in an interesting way, let us look at some of the mind-blowing, jaw-dropping, super interesting statistics, and facts about google.
- The name “Google” is derived from the mathematical term “googol” Which means 10 raised to the power of 100, or 1 followed by 100 zeros.
- Not many know this, but Google has multiple owners. (The founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin own most of the company’s shares.)
- Believe it or not, in 2021, over a billion people use Google.
- Google had nearly 267 million visitors in 2020 from the US alone!
- To increase its revenue and attention to the company, Google acquires an average of one company every week.
- Google processes over 40,000 search queries every second, which amounts to over 3.5 billion searches per day and a whopping 1.2 trillion searches per year.